Hi Jodie and Grant,
We’ve just returned from a brilliant 3 weeks, almost 9000km trip around the Gulf Country and Northern Territory with our two kids (leaving from and returning to Melbourne) after purchasing a second hand 2011 Uluru and I was keen to let you know the camper performed fantastically. I’m not sure if you’ve heard from your mates at Travelander but we bumped into them at Charleville in QLD and they were keen to put their stickers all over our camper and send you the photos!!!
We’ve owned a few Aussie made soft floor campers over the years but this was our best experience yet so I thought I’d just list a couple of the best features we enjoyed as well as just let you know the one or two areas where we had minor issues.
1. Towing – the camper, although when fully loaded would have been up around 1400kg, always towed extremely well and the leaf spring suspension performed flawlessly
2. Step up, drawers and bed – probably the best part of the camper!
3. Electrics – performed extremely well although its worth monitoring the power draw of the Engel fridge as keeping it at anything below 5 degrees with the ambient temperature around 35-38 degrees did chew through the volts. We used a 160W solar panels which, when receiving good light, would keep the charge roughly balanced.
4. Kitchen – simply excellent
5. Ease of setting up/pack up – by far the easiest camper I’ve ever had to setup and packup. Most of the time I was left to do this by myself and we did a lot of overnight stops. No dramas at all apart from too much red dust!
Can or do you supply replacement mud flaps? I’d only contemplate replacing them for aesthetic reasons as there is nothing wrong with them other than stone and sand blasting!
Are the stone guard reflectors a standard size? Can I source some replacements from an auto store?
Are you able to provide the paint code for the trailer ‘white’ as I’m keen to do some touch ups.
Again, a brilliant product that we have been recommending to anyone we came across. We’ve got plenty more dreams of future trips in our Complete Campsite.